Top 10 Cardio Workouts for Men and Women
In the article I’ll tell you about Top 10 Cardio Workouts for Men and Women. We all know that cardio vascular exercise is important and will help us to burn off excess calories and fat. It is also important for a healthy heart.
We’ve all done cardio exercises in the past. Anything that gets your heart beating at a faster rate than usual is giving your heart a work out. If you’re looking to introduce cardio exercise into your daily routine then pick something you will enjoy doing. That way you are more likely to actually do it on a regular basis.
There are many different forms of cardio vascular workouts to choose from. Here are ten you might like to try:
1. Walking – is the least demanding cardio exercise and can burn up to 180 calories per 30 minutes at a gentle pace. Speed walking will see an increase in the number of calories burnt.
2. Running – is a brilliant form of cardio. It requires no specialised equipment. All you need is some good quality running shoes for footwear. You burn a lot more calories than walking, approximately 300 calories per half an hour.
3. Interval Training – is a mixture of running, sprinting and jogging in a repeating pattern. It will help build speed and distance and is a really good form of cardio exercise. Expect to burn around 250/300 calories per 30 minutes.
4. Step Aerobics Class – is popular with women as it helps to tone your legs, hips and bottoms. In a good class you can expect to burn off around 500/600 calories per 45 minute class.
5. Cycling – is a good form of cardio, depending on the resistance and the rate at which you cycle. You could be looking at burning 250 up to possibly 450 calories for every 30 minutes.
6. Swimming – gives you a full body work out and 30 minutes spent in the pool can burn off up to 400 calories.
7. Cross-Training – is a good form of cardio and will also give your upper body a good work out too. Expect to burn around 300 calories per 30 minutes.
8. Rowing machine – is a good form of cardio and will also give your upper body a good work out too. Expect to burn around 250 calories per 30 minutes.
9. Body Pump – classes are popular with men and women as they incorporate weights into the session giving your whole body a work out. Expect to burn approximately 300/500 calories per class.
10. Elliptical Trainer – gives you a really good cardio work out and will help to increase your stamina and endurance. Expect to burn around 300 calories per half an hour.
A really good tip is to try and change your exercise routine on a regular basis. Increase intensity or the length of time you train. This will help prevent stagnation and boredom and help you achieve your goals quicker.